Longarm Quilting Services & Prices
Quilting is priced by the square inch. Square inches are calculated by multiplying the quilt top length X width=square inches. Cost to quilt is the square inches X the type of quilting chosen. (Example: 40” X 40” = 1600 square inches, 1600 square inches X .020 = $32.00 )
- Edge-to-Edge Large Spaced Quilting Design .015
- Edge-to-Edge Medium Density of Stitches .020
- Edge-to-Edge Dense Quilting .025 - .040
**Minimum $30 Charge for any quilt***
***Maximum quilts width is 130".
- The Batting must be 6-8 inches larger than the quilt top in both length and width.
- Quilters Dream Batting is available for purchase. It is an excellent batting for a superb finished quilt. Fiber contents available are cotton, 80/20 cotton/polyester blend, polyester, & wool.
- You may also supply your own batting. Be sure the batting you supply is made for longarm machine quilting and is of good quality. It is important that the batting can be moved easily within a quilting frame and maintain it's stability without tearing. (I will not use Mountain Mist or Poly-Fil Batting)
- The backing fabric must be 6-8 inches larger than the quilt top in length and width.
- The backing fabric should be squared-up and pressed. It may be a wide backing fabric or it may be a pieced backing.
- If it is a pieced backing the seams should run horizontally or from left to right across the quilt. All selvedges should be removed from the seams of the pieced backing. Press the seams open or in one direction. It reduces the risk of puckers on the back of the quilt. If the backing has multiple seams in both directions I will do my best to avoid any puckers.
- Wide backings are generally 108" in width and are available at most local quilt shops. If you do not have access to a local shop, I do carry a basic selection of wide backings (108" and 110") in basic colors and prints. The wide backings I carry are manufactured by Moda and Wilmington Prints, both excellent. Prices vary and range from $12.50 to $25.00 a yard.
- Bed Sheets cannot be used as backing fabric. Due to the differences in the weave and manufacture of bed sheets, they are often nightmares for thread tension being consistent throughout the quilt. The bed sheet can also create problems with the longarm machine which would require repairs.
- $10.00 Thread Charge.
- I use Superior Threads. They are top quality and provide beautiful colors to complete the quilting process. I use the Superior So Fine #50 which are solid colors (134 colors), Magnifico which are solid threads with a sheen (200 colors), and Fantastico which is a variegated color blend (158 colors).
- For your quilt top you may select a thread and color or specify the type of thread and I can choose for you. I only use the Superior So Fine #50 on the quilt back, it gives the best results, color is up to you.
Other Services Offered:
- Binding (straight of grain) cut & pieced, attached and finished by machine .15 per inch
- Binding (bias) Cut & pieced, attached and finished by machine .30 per inch
- Binding cut, pieced, attached by machine and hand finished .30 per inch.
- Scalloped Edge Binding Cut & pieced, attached and finished by machine .40 per inch
- Flange Binding (cut, piece, attach & machine finish) .20/inch
- Seam Backing, pressing quilt top or backing, repair of seams $20.00 per hour
- Custom made quilts include the cost of fabric and other materials necessary to complete the quilt top, labor at $20 per hour to complete the quilt top; the batting, backing fabric, thread, quilting & binding.
How to Get your Quilt to Pam? Local and Shipping Information
- Call and schedule an appointment to meet at my studio/home.
- Call and schedule a local pick up. I regularly meet customers at local quilt shops for both quilt pick up and delivery at completion. Other locations are also available at your convenience.
- Ship through USPS Priority Mail with insurance. Flat rate boxes are available through the post office. I will immediately confirm arrival of your quilt by phone or email.
- Please contact me by phone or email to let me know you are sending a quilt.
- Send your quilt top, backing fabric, batting, &/or binding fabric with a completed order form.
- Mail to Pam Mildren, 111 Church Drive, Chicora, PA 16025.
- Place your quilt, backing and batting into a clear plastic bag
- Include in the bag with your quilt and materials a note with your name, address, email and phone number, include mine as well in case of emergency.
- Then place the items in the box and seal.
- Be sure to fully address the box with your full name and return address, and my full name and address.
- DO NOT write Quilt or Longarm Quilting on the exterior of the package
- I will return ship your quilt by USPS Priority Mail with insurance and a tracking number.
- For quilts that are locally picked up or delivered I accept cash, check, and credit cards.
- For quilts that are shipped, I will email an invoice through PayPal's secure website. At PayPal you may make payment by credit card. Following receipt of payment I will ship the quilt.